Unordered List

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Give a shabby chic look to an old side table

With beautiful summer days I have absolutely no time to keep up with my updates here. Creating and painting in summer - posting in winter,  I guess :) I have lots of stuff to post, but trying to use sunny days to be outside and finish my projects, that keep coming and coming. My head goes round with all the ideas I have :)
Today though it's a bit rainy and I want to show you the little side table I found recently in the used furniture store. The little son of a furniture was hard to notice but I saw him and had pity on him :) Now it is going to be a present to my husband, he can use it for storing his phone and clock and keep it next to our bed.
Little cute table found his home.. All right, you can put  the tissue away and see for yourself:
Annie Sloan paint in old white and clear wax was used for this transformation. Also I decoupaged the antique maps on it using Mod Podge. I distressed the edges everywhere and here it is... Oh yeah, almost forgot, first I painted the table with Americana décor chalky paint in "primitive" colour, you can see it through the old white layer.
Do you know by the way how this thing officially called rather than side table?

Comment, follow and like my Facebook page for more and more! Be happy!!!

If you want to use antique map printable for your project you can find it on my pinterest board "vintage graphic - coloured". 


No comments:

Post a Comment