Unordered List

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 6 February 2014

Crown Royal Whisky bottle into Vintage decoration from "Bottle series - 2 " (tutorial)!

Once in awhile I find neat bottles around the house, they are just made for crafters :) If you have one like this, here is a great redo. I painted it blue mixed with just tiny grey and decorated it with vintage graphics. You can find them on my Pinterest board Vintage Graphics - coloured . I chose a picture with nest and blue egg, I think it suits the bottle very good :) 
So, you will need:
  • Whisky bottle (empty one, ....please be responsible).
  • Acrylic paints of your choice.
  • Graphics
  • Mod Podge 
  • Twine (optional)
  • Some kind of small piece of decoration , I used tiny key (optional)
  • Brushes



Tutorial:
First I cleaned the bottle, if you soak it a bit, it will help to remove stickers easier.
Then I painted it grey, after it dried I painted it blue. I left the lid grey though, I think it looks good this way. 
After that I distressed the paint by rubbing slightly over the bottle pattern. 

Using Mod Podge I glued paper with french typography on one side of the bottle, you will have to print graphic on laser printer, graphic have to be reversed horizontally, because you glue it with right side on the surface.  When it's dry (overnight) wet your finger and roll the paper off like on the picture. Just be really gentle and slow and patient!!! 


On the other side I used different technique though, instead of transferring image, I just decoupaged it. Just glued it by putting Mod Podge on both sides of the paper. 
At the end I put the key on the twine around the neck of the bottle. 

Here you have it!!! I love it :) 

Please comment, subscribe, and just be noisy here, it makes my day!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment