Unordered List

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 23 January 2014

Kitchen Chair Upholstery (tutorial)

I think I will start with chairs. If you tired of your old , stained kitchen chairs, you can reDO them. I had this idea since my children start messing up in the kitchen. Fabric was extremely dirty and stained with all kinds of food. Plus a desire to renew the view of my kitchen helped to speed up the process. Here how I did it:

YOU WILL NEED:
  • Stapler (heavy duty)
  • Scissors
  • Fabric of your choice (mine is from IKEA)
  • Screw driver
  • Plastic (clear shower curtain from Walmart, worked best for me, because of the proper thickness )
Here is the picture before/after:



STEP 1
Turn your chair upside down, remove the screws, remove the seat.
STEP 2
Place the seat on the fabric, leaving as much fabric on the sides as you need to fold it on the back of the seat.
STEP 3
Place the fabric as on the picture and staple each side in the middle. Try to pull fabric towards the centre of the seat, to provide desirable tension. 

Then staple it all around (keep on pulling fabric towards the centre while you staple it), leaving the corners as on the picture.
STEP 4
 
That's the hardest part here.  Staple the corner, folding one end of fabric under the other, trying to make nice corner (tip: pull both ends of fabric hard toward the centre of the seat )


Then when you done with all four corners , cut out the extra fabric .
STEP 5
Do the same steps with plastic.
Than place the seat on the chair and screw it back. Here you have it, beautiful new stylish kitchen chairs. I love the plastic idea, now no matter what mess is, I just wipe it clean. It is so easy.
I hope this was helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

LIKE on facebook to see all the updates and inspirations: reDoem&Shabby Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment